Vision Health Pioneers is a healthcare startup incubator based in Berlin connecting and educating healthcare innovators in Europe. We support tech entrepreneurs with workshops, mentoring and coaching, prototyping and testing as well as access to proven technology, business opportunities and funding of up to 72,000 Euro per team.
Running over 9 months, the first batch of the program starts on March 1, 2020 and ends on Nov. 30, 2020. It is structured into 3 main phases:
1. Evaluation Phase: Structure your idea and evaluate the desirability of the concept by getting access to the medical ecosystem. Start designing your business model.
2. Build Phase: Develop a prototype, get access to technology, and test it in the real world thanks to our rich network of partners, like Fraunhofer, and mentors. Validate a first version of your product.
3. 'Go To Market' Phase: Build your business model and marketing strategy, create a website, and develop your PR communication. Connect with potential investors or strategic partners.
- The access to our extensive network of medical professionals, healthcare specialists, entrepreneurs, and tech experts that can support for prototyping, testing, feedback and more.
- Training and mentoring sessions adapted to your own needs.
- A financial support: €2,000/month/person, up to €72,000 per team.
- The access to our coworking space and community events like meetups.
- International outreach.
IMPORTANT - Notes on the eligibility criteria:
- You must be a team of 2 to 4 team members.
- All team members must be registered as residents of Berlin.
- You have a concept that can be implemented in the German healthcare sector but has not been launched yet.
- You have not received governmental startup grants such as EXIST, Berliner Startup Stipendium or any other significant investments, excluding prize money for competitions etc.
- At least one of the team members has knowledge in the field of healthcare.
- Ideally the team members have university degrees or some working experience in the field, e.g. Design Thinking or other Certificates.
- Your startup can be incorporated but this is not a must-have. Ideally the business registration (Gewerbeanmeldung) was less than 3 months ago. In case you have already incorporated your startup, it must be registered in Berlin and the team must stay in Berlin for the subsequent three years. This also applies for international teams
More information and application: https://visionhealthpioneers.de