For the first time since the pandemic started, we are pleased to announce that the 22nd Annual Biotech in Europe Forum (BEF) will take place In-Person on the 21st-22nd of September 2022 at the Mövenpick Hotel Basel. The event will be part of the Sachs Autumn Life Sciences Week, which will also incorporate the 9th Annual HealthTech Investment Forum.
The physical programme will consist of the usual panels and keynotes, which will be available on demand the week after. Additionally, there will be pre-arranged in-person meetings, live and on demand company showcases and a reception. The in-person event will be followed by an additional week of virtual meetings available through the audio/video online meeting system.
Back for its 22nd Annual Edition, this global bio-pharma industry event will address through its programme the main challenges in investment for 2022, partnering and alliance management and prospects for 2023. Key players contribute their insights in panels which cover the macro picture as well as innovation in different therapeutic sectors. This highly transactional event draws together an exciting cross-section of early-stage/pre-IPO, late-stage and public companies with leading investors, analysts, money managers and pharma licensing executives. Supported and designed by leading figures within Europe’s pharmaceutical and biotech industry, this event will once again be covered by our regular media partners.
The main programme for the 22nd Annual BEF is spread throughout 2 days (21st - 22nd of September) and will feature more than 15 hours of high-level keynotes and panel discussions. In addition, there will be a global company showcase of 50+ presentations by established public, private, emerging and seed companies, offering innovative solutions and seeking investment and partnering opportunities. This will include a limited number of live presentations taking place in dedicated presentation tracks, alongside virtual company showcases, which will be available on demand during the virtual week. We anticipate 650+ delegates will register for the forum from all Life Sciences sectors, with the target audience being corporate and financial investors/partners, banks and advisors with part of the audience participating virtually.
The In-Person meetings will be taking place on the 21st - 22nd of September, while virtual meetings will take place on the 26th - 30th of September. For the virtual meetings, the system will allow you to have a secure audio/video call, as well as option to present slides using a screen share function and we will have a dedicated room for in-person meetings. We expect 1000+ meetings completed during SALSW. The conference will be held in the Central European Time Zone. The programme will consist of:
Day 1 (Wednesday, 21st of September)
- State of the Industry Panel
- VC & Private Equity Roundtable
- Advances in Platform Technologies & Novel Therapeutics Panel
- Investing in Gene & Cell Therapy Companies Panel
- American Capital Markets Panel
- Immuno-Oncology BD & Partnering Panel
- Immuno-Oncology Advanced Therapeutics Panel
- Pandemic Response Panel
Day 2 (Thursday, 22nd of September)
- China Strategies Panel
- Global Pharma-Biotech Partnering and M&A Roundtable
- CNS: Focus on Neurodegenerative Diseases Panel
- Therapeutic Session: Autoimmune & Inflammatory Diseases Panel (confirm name)
- Early Stage Investment Panel
- Rising Stars – Seed Companies Session
In-Person Meetings - 21st - 22nd of September
Virtual Meetings via Online Meeting System - 26th - 30th of September
Networking Reception – 21st of September
Confirmed Keynotes in 2021 Included:
- Nigel Sheail, Global Head of M&A and BD&L, Novartis International AG
- Stephan Emmerth, Director Business Development & Operations, BaseLaunch
Confirmed Speakers & Chairs in 2021 Included:
- Agnieszka Blum, General Director of the Immunology, Ardigen S.A.
- Alison Haggerty, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Allan Marchington, Managing Director & Head of Life Sciences of Intermediate Capital Group Plc
- Aram Mangasarian, CEO, NOXXON Pharma NV
- Avaleigh Milne , Oncology Basel Site Head, Pharma Partnering, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Bharat Ramachandran, Director, Head of Business Development, Immunology & Global Health, EMD Serono, Inc., an affiliate of Merck in the U.S. & Canada
- Bibhash Mukhopadhyay, Independent
- Corinne Venot, Executive Director, Business Development, BeiGene Ltd.
- Daniel Teper, CEO, Cytovia Therapeutics Inc.
- Daniela Begolo, Senior Associate, INKEF Capital BV
- Deborah Rathjen, Executive Chair & CEO, Bioasis Technologies, Inc.
- Edyta Jaworska, Management Board Member, Selvita S.A.
- Eric Halioua, President & CEO, PDC*line Pharma SA
- Erik Manting, CEO, Immunicum AB
- Esteban Pombo-Villar, CTO, TargImmune Therapeutics AG
- Fintan Walton, Founder & CEO, PharmaVentures Ltd.
- Frauke Hein, Co-Founder & CBO, Adrenomed AG
- Gabriel Cavazos, Managing Director in Investment Banking , SVB Leerink
- Guillaume Vignon, SVP, Business Development, BeiGene Ltd.
- Hans Herklots, Managing Director, LifeSci Advisors
- Hubert Birner, Managing Partner, TVM Life Science Management GmbH
- Isabel Ferreira, Chief Business Officer, Versameb AG
- Isabella Schidrich, Senior Managing Director, Listings EMEA, Nasdaq
- Jean-Marc Bourez, EIT Health Services & Investment Co-Managing Director & French Hub Managing Director, EIT Health e.V.
- Jesús Martin-Garcia, CEO, GeNeuro SA
- Jie Liu, Managing Director, Torreya Partners LLP
- John Alam, President & CEO, EIP Pharma, Inc.
- Justyna Czyszek, Investor Support Department Vice-President, Krakowski Park Technologiczny sp. z o.o.
- Kazimierz Murzyn, CEO, Klaster LifeScience Krakow
- Khatereh Ahmadi, Executive Director, Oncology Search & Evaluation Lead for Europe, MSD
- Kristen Albright, CEO, Prokarium Ltd.
- Lubor Gaal, Managing Director, Locust Walk
- Lynn Durham, Founder & CEO, STALICLA SA
- Marianne Uteng, Principal, Novartis Venture Fund
- Marietta Wu, Managing Director, Quan Capital
- Markus Hosang, General Partner, BioMedPartners AG
- Martin Welschof, CEO, BioInvent International AB
- Matthias Müllenbeck, SVP, Head Global BD & Alliance Management, Merck
- Michael Altorfer, CEO, Swiss Biotech Association
- Michael Huebner, Director Early Innovation Partnering, Johnson & Johnson Innovation LLC
- Michael Maguire, CEO, Avectas Ltd.
- Michael Rice, Founding Partner, LifeSci Advisors
- Michael Rice, VP, Head of Advanced Therapeutics, Cello Health BioConsulting
- Miguel Forte, CEO, Bone Therapeutics SA
- Mike Romanos, Co-Founder & CEO, Microbiotica Ltd.
- Mirjam Heeb, Investment Advisor, HBM Partners AG
- Murali Gopalakrishnan, Global Head, Neuroscience Search & Evaluation, AbbVie, Inc.
- Mythili Koneru, Chief Medical Officer, Marker Therapeutics, Inc.
- Natalie Mount, CEO, Adaptate Biotherapeutics Ltd.
- Nathalie ter Wengel, European Lead, Worldwide Business Development, Pfizer, Inc.
- Naveed Siddiqi, Senior Partner, Novo Holdings A/S
- Nicholas Franco, EVP & Chief Business Development Officer, Allschwil Site Head, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson
- Nur Özdemir, Senior Investment Manager, European Investment Fund (EIF)
- Olivier Reinhard, Head Of Business Development, Emerging Markets EPD of Abbott
- Paul Hermant, Partner, Bird & Bird LLP
- Paul Rennert, President & CSO, Aleta Biotherapeutics
- Phil L'Huillier, CEO, CatalYm GmbH
- Rainer Strohmenger, Managing Partner, Wellington Partners
- Reagan Jarvis, CEO, Anocca AB
- Richard Ward, Senior Director, Search & Evaluation, AstraZeneca
- Sam Fazeli, Head of Research, Senior Pharmaceuticals Analyst, Bloomberg Intelligence
- Sarah Holland, CBO, VectivBio AG
- Sascha Bucher, Co-Founding Partner, Forty51 Ventures
- Simone Botti, Junior Partner, INKEF Capital BV
- Søren Bregenholt, CEO, Alligator Bioscience AB
- Søren Møller, Managing Partner, Novo Holdings A/S
- Stefan Luzi, Partner, Gilde Healthcare Partners B.V
- Stéphane Boissel, President & CEO, SparingVision
- Stephanie Léouzon, Partner & Head of Europe, Torreya Partners LLP
- Susan Hill, CEO, Mestag Therapeutics Limited
- Theodora Harold, CEO, Crescendo Biologics Ltd.
- Thibaut Roulon, Senior Investment Director, Bpifrance
- Thijs Cohen Tervaert, Junior Partner, INKEF Capital BV
- Tim Haines, Chairman & Managing Partner of Abingworth LLP
- Tim Luker, VP Venture Science, Corp BD, Eli Lilly and Company
- Ulrich Wendt, Head of Immunology Business Development, Sanofi
- Vanela Bushi, Director, Strategy & Transactions Europe Lead, Syneos Health, LLC
- Xin Liu, Partner, Eight Roads Ventures
- Yochi Slonim, Co-Founder & CEO, Anima Biotech, Inc.
PARTICIPATION OPTIONS INCLUDE:
Complimentary passes are provided for qualified institutional (buy/sell-side), private equity and venture investors. The number of passes is limited, and priority is given to regular participants, however the organiser has the discretion to reject registrations. Other participants may consider purchasing access, which includes in-person or virtual participation, with different options to showcase your company.
The Online Meeting System will open on the 6th of September for uploading profiles and sending meeting invites. The in-person meetings will be taking place on the 21st - 22nd of September, while virtual meetings will take place on the 26th - 30th of September. For the virtual meetings, the system will allow you to have a secure audio/video call, as well as an option to present slides using a screen share function and we will have a dedicated room for in-person meetings.
Presentations are a popular and useful way to gain additional exposure with potential investors and pharma partners, which make up over half the audience. We are pleased to announce that once again we will have 20-minute and 10-minute presentations taking place in-person at the dedicated presenting tracks. Here you will be able to showcase your company in front of investors attending the physical event. The recording will be added to your company’s profile later, which will be available on demand for registered participants until the event portal closes. Start-up companies, which are looking for seed financing can apply for a Rising Stars – Seed Companies Session and chosen participants will receive a complimentary 5-minute elevator pitch as part of the main programme (subject to delegate registration fee).
For those who are not able to present in-person, but are still interested to showcase their company, there is an option to purchase either a 20 or 10 minute presentation, which will be pre-recorded in advance and available to all registered attendees during the virtual conference week on the event’s portal. Start-up companies may also purchase a 5-minute pre-recorded showcase instead.
The Sachs Team can assist with the pre-recording of the presentation, or you can upload a video you already have. Interested viewers will be able to message or request a meeting with you using the Online Meeting System.
Make connections, engage in conversation, and exchange knowledge with key decision-makers eager to learn how your company can help them meet their goals and achieve their mission. Exhibiting at Sachs Autumn Life Sciences Week is an effective way to gain leads, introduce new products and services, expand sales, and build relationships.
If attending the physical event, we have a limited number (limited to 6 companies) of table-top exhibitions available at the venue, which would be located at the main foyer, next to the plenary room, where we have the highest attendee traffic.
For those who are not able to join the event or exhibit in-person, you could choose virtual exhibition package, which includes a dedicated virtual page, where we can: upload your branded company’s profile and list ways to reach you; share video or images about services you provide and have files ready for download, if you wish to share any additional information with potential clients.
If interested in learning more about exhibition options, please fill in the registration form.
There are a limited number of sponsorship opportunities for the forum, which includes speaking, advertising, and branding options. Sponsors typically include investment banks and funds, large pharma, technology companies and service providers, including Stock Exchanges, IR companies, CROs, international lawyers and consulting companies. Tailored packages are available upon request. You can view the latest event’s sponsors here.
To learn more about presenting, exhibition or sponsorship opportunities, please fill in registration form or contact us at SachsTeam@noSpamSachsForum.com or by phone + 44 (0)203 463 4890.
For registration click here