- Alexandra Damerau: The rheumatic patient in a test tube
Charité Universitaetsmedizin Berlin
- Anna Raysyan: A fast dipstick immunoassay for the determination of DCF in the breast milk
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und –prüfung (BAM)
- Christian Gehre: Liver-on-a-chip
Fraunhofer-Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology, Branch Bioanalytics and Bioprocesses (IZI-BB)
- Christian Schipp: Xenoglue - A powerful tool for biosurgery
Technische Universität Berlin
- Henry Memczak: FluType - Development of a peptide-based subtyping platform for influenza viruses
- Katja Karstens: BuProMo - Butanol production from whey
Beuth Hochschule für Technik Berlin
The Speed Lecture Award will be moderated by the professional Science-Slammer and science communicator André Lampe.
The audience will be the judge
The winner of the race will be decided by the audience at the BIONNALE evening program on June 20 in Berlin (Ludwig-Erhard-Haus). So, come and support the candidates with your vote!
What is the Speed Lecture Award?
Six young scientists present in three minutes their new projects and ideas in life sciences and healthcare industries in front of the BIONNALE audience of more than 600 experts from academia, science and business.
The finalists get a coaching on June 7, 2018 from Michael Geerdts (well known coach e.g. from „Die Höhle der Löwen“ on VOX TV) on how to do a brilliant pitch as a finalist.
The three best Speed Lectures will win prize money (1.000€ the winner, 500€ the first runner-up, 300€ the second runner-up).
The Speed Lecture Award has been initiated and is supported by the healthcare industries cluster Berlin-Brandenburg – HealthCapital and the German Association of Research–based Pharmaceuticals, vfa bio.
BIONNALE is the largest networking event for life sciences and healthcare industries in the German capital region, the. You find more information here.