- Daniela Dias: Precision bone regeneration strategies; Julius Wolff-Institute, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Jan Ole Kaufmann: Molecular imaging of cardiovascular diseases: Looking for ticking time bombs inside us; Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin & Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung BAM
- Johanna Kusnick: Harnessing the immunogenic potential of ferroptosis to improve immunotherapy in liver cancer; Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Lara Santolin: Development of a green bioprocess chain for the production of biodegradable Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) textiles; Technische Universität Berlin
- Laura Grunewald: Improving therapeutic efficacy of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy against a pediatric solid tumor; Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Mania Ackermann: Mass production of innovative immune cells from human induced pluripotent stem cells for modern medicine; Hannover Medical School
- Robin van de Water: A real-time system to alert surgeons to complications after surgery; Hasso Plattner Institute
The audience will be the judge
The winner of the Speed Lecture Award will be decided by the audience at the BIONNALE evening program on May 11th. So, be prepared and support the candidates with your vote!
What is the Speed Lecture Award?
Young scientists can apply for this award to present in three minutes their new projects and ideas in life sciences and healthcare industries. The first seven shortlist candidates win a professional pitch coaching, will present their research project in front of an international audience of hundreds of experts from academia and business at the BIONNALE and can win prize money (1.000 € the winner, 500 € the first and 300 € the second runner-up).
The Speed Lecture Award has been initiated and is supported by the healthcare industries cluster Berlin-Brandenburg – HealthCapital and the German Association of Research–based Pharmaceuticals, vfa bio.