Now in its seventh year, the competition brings cutting edge science to the real world for the benefit of society. Over the years our winners have gone on to raise a combined total of over £32m in equity investment and grant funding, one has announced a £28m trade sale. We’ve also seen the winners expand overseas, enter commercial contracts, conduct clinical and industrial scale trials, and collectively double their number of employees.
The competition is backed by multinational companies and one of the Top 10 Business Schools in the world; Cambridge Judge Business School.
The competition is free to apply, with applications opening from 7th May until 5th July, and welcomes applicants from UK and Europe whose tech have a strong component of chemistry and falls in one of the following categories:
• Energy & environment
• Food & drink
• Enabling technologies
You can find out more about the categories, competition timelines and eligibility criteria in Application & Judging.
The eight winners of the competition will receive:
- £/€ 10,000 non-dilutive funds
- Support from our competition partners: Croda, Unilever, Johnson Matthey, RSSL and Pfizer
- Intensive business and pitch training at Cambridge Judge Business school
- Technology summary under the winners tab on the Emerging Technologies Competition website
- Press release with local news