Discovering the Berlin Digital Health ecosystem!
Start Alliance Berlin: Digital Health is a two-week program taking place in November 2018 which is intended to help startups from BEIJING, DUBAI, NEW YORK, LONDON, PARIS, SHANGHAI, TEL AVIV, VIENNA and WARSAW to expand their business to Germany via BERLIN. In this edition of the program we will focus on Digital Health and related topics. Where are the key players, locations and partners that you could work with? The Start Alliance supports you in getting in touch with the local startup ecosystem. From November 12th – 22nd, 2018 you will have the opportunity to explore the startup ecosystem and get an understanding of our trendsetting city.
What? Startup group program
When? November 12th - 22nd 2018
For Whom? Startups from BEIJING, DUBAI, NEW YORK, LONDON, PARIS, SHANGHAI, TEL AVIV, WARSAW and VIENNA
Deadline? September 16th, 2018
Apply by September 16th
Why you should apply?
The German capital region is one of the world’s leading centers of life sciences and healthcare industries. Its main strength lies in its unique concentration of science, business and clinics. Numerous technology parks and networks in different fields, above all in biotechnology and medical technology, create an ideal infrastructure for transforming the latest scientific findings into innovative products for the healthcare sector. Increasing numbers of global players and companies based in Berlin are seeking to forge contacts with startups to invent new digital products and methods for the healthcare market. Berlin hosts over 60 accelerators and incubators, many of them in the healthcare sector, including the Bayer Grants4Apps Accelerator, the helios.hub by Helios and the Healthcare Hub Berlin by Pfizer. Gathering more than 600 biotech, pharmaceutical, and MedTech companies, as well as 130 hospitals, the region is also an important hub of the IT industry including a growing number of IT companies focused on the healthcare market. This environment provides ideal conditions for the development, evaluation, and marketing of innovative digital health solutions. Start Alliance invites startups to experience this vibrant ecosystem and to use it for their own products or services. You'll have the opportunity to meet relevant networks and business associations during your stay. This program will deal with the whole range of digital health topics and cover multiple business sectors related to health economy. Selected startups will receive accommodation vouchers for Airbnb and free office space in one of our partner co-working spaces for the duration of the program (or even longer if you want to extend your stay). That way, startups can test the Berlin and European market and connect with the Berlin startup scene and its main actors without any commitment. Further support is given by connecting startups with meaningful industry partners, universities, by providing location service, financing service and talent service.
Conditions of participation
This event is designed for startups that are beyond the idea/prototype stage and have already successfully launched in their domestic market.
It could be right for you, if your startup is interested in:
- Expanding into the German (or European) market
- Looking for international partners
- Seeking to raise capital internationally (esp. in Germany)
- Recruiting international teams (esp. in Germany)
Accepted startups will receive for free:
- Frontiers Health has fast become one of the premiere conferences in the digital health space, combining a unique mix of attendees and presenters from investment funds, life science companies, health innovation hubs, insurance companies and digital health start-ups, providing for a unique platform to discuss how innovations in their respective fields are converging to re-invent and transform healthcare. Frontiers Health 2018 will take place in Berlin on November 15-16 at FUNKHAUS.
- Office space in local co-working space (with possibility to extend up to 4 weeks)
- Attendance in Frontiers Health 2018
- Business development coaching
- Various valuable workshops
- Connections to VCs through a final demo day
- Talks from industry and specialists
- Several group activities
- Please note that expenses for flights are not covered.
The agenda will include many different events such as:
- Welcome session to get to know the program attendants
- Welcome party
- Frontiers Health 2018
- Workshops on: raising money, business development, PR, recruiting, legal, etc.
- Various group activities such as knowledge exchanges, business breakfasts, pizza time, etc.
- Pitch training session
- External startup events
- Final Demo Day
Apply by September 16th