The 20th Annual Biotech in Europe Forum is recognised as the leading international stage for those interested in investing and partnering in the biotech and life science industry. This highly transactional event draws together an exciting cross-section of early-stage/pre-IPO, late-stage and public companies with leading investors, analysts, money managers and pharma licensing executives. Supported and designed by leading figures within Europe’s pharmaceutical and biotech industry, this event will once again be covered by our regular media partners.
Under current circumstances including travel restrictions we have decided that for the first time #Sachs_BEF will be held in a digital format. This will allow us to support our community and past attendees. We will provide both the usual stimulating programme and the networking opportunities through the video online meeting system. We expect most of our past attendees to participate and all our sponsors Gold Sponsor: LifeSci Advisors; Silver Sponsors: BeiGene, Torreya Partners LLP; Bronze Sponsor: Euronext Paris S.A.; Contributing Sponsor: BioMedPartners AG, Novo Holdings A/S have agreed to support the digital event. The 8th Annual HealthTech Innovation Forum is merged with the 2nd Annual HealthTech CEO Forum, scheduled for March 2nd 2021 at Hilton Zurich.
The Digital 20th Annual BEF is going to take place on the 21st -24th of September with main programme being spread throughout 4 days and will feature more than five hours each day of high-level speeches and panel discussions. In addition, there is a global company showcase of 50+ presentations by corporates, offering innovative solutions and looking for capital and partnerships. We estimate 700+ registered on the portal and watching part/all sessions and at least same amount of views from videos on demand after the event. Meetings will take place from September 21st to 25th and from September 28th to October 2nd. Moreover, the system will be open for 12 hours a day and we expect over 2000 meetings completed over 10 days. The digital event will consist of:
Day 1: Bio-Pharma & HealthTech: Pandemic Response Day
- Industry Leaders Response Session
- Vaccines Panel & Showcase
- Therapeutic Strategies to Prevent & Treat Covid-19 Panel & Showcase
- Point of Care Diagnostics Panel
Day 2: BioTech & HealthTech Capital Investment Day
- Bio-Pharma in a New Era Panel
- Accessing US Capital Markets from Europe Panel
- IPO BootCamp
- Revolution in Cell Based Therapies Across Therapeutics Panel & Showcase
- VC & Private Equity: Addressing All Opportunities, Including Crossover Transactions Panel & Showcase
- Early Stage Investment Panel
Day 3: Bio-Pharma Partnering & Therapeutics Day
- Pharma DealMaking Panel
- Immuno-Oncology BD&L Panel & Showcase
- Advanced Therapies in Immuno-Oncology Panel & Showcase
- Krakow and Małopolska Region of Poland – Life Science is Growing Here Panel
- Platform Technologies & Novel Therapeutics Panel & Showcase
Day 4: Neuroscience Investor Day
- CNS Partnering & DealMaking Panel & Showcase
- Progress in AD & PD Panel & Showcase
- Advanced Therapeutics Panel & Showcase
- Industry & Investor Roundtable
Confirmed Keynote Speakers Include:
- Harry Tracy, President, NI Research Inc.
- Peter Kolchinsky, Managing Director, RA Capital Management, LLC
- More TBA...
Confirmed Speakers and Chairs:
- Alain Vertès, Managing Director, NxR Biotechnologies GmbH
- Alexander Breidenbach, Entrepreneur in Residence, BB Pureos Bioventures
- Anja König, Global Head, Novartis Venture Fund
- Bibhash Mukhopadhyay, Principal, New Enterprise Associates (NEA)
- Chandra Leo, Partner, HBM Partners AG
- Chris Maggos, Managing Director, Head of Europe, LifeSci Advisors
- Christian Jung, Partner, Dementia Discovery Fund
- Dennis Purcell, Founder, Aisling Capital LLC
- Eduardo Vianna, CEO, NovaGo Therapeutics AG
- Eric de La Fortelle, Venture Partner, Seventure Partners
- Esteban Pombo-Villar, CEO, TargImmune Therapeutics AG
- Gil Bar-Nahum, Managing Director, Jefferies
- Gilead Raday, COO, RedHill Biopharma Ltd.
- Giovanni Mariggi, Partner, Medicxi
- Hubert Birner, Managing Partner, TVM Life Science Management GmbH
- Joachim Vogt, Director Business Development, AbbVie Deutschland GmbH Co. KG
- Joel Sandler, Associate Principal, Cello Health BioConsulting, previously Defined Health
- Juergen Gamer, VP BD, Apogenix AG
- Karen Wagner, General Partner, Ysios Capital Partners
- Katya Smirnyagina, Partner, Capricorn Partners NV
- Kieran Rooney, VP, Strategic Alliances & Licensing, Amryt Pharma Plc.
- Lubor Gaal, SVP, Head, Europe, Locust Walk
- Markus Hosang, General Partner, BioMedPartners AG
- Matthias Müllenbeck, Executive Director & Head Global Licensing & BD Enabling Technologies, Merck KGaA
- Michael Rice, Principal, Head of Advanced Therapeutics, Cello Health BioConsulting, previously Defined Health
- Murali Gopalakrishnan, Sr. Director, Head of Search & Evaluation - Neuroscience, Corporate Strategy Office, AbbVie, Inc.
- Nicholas Moore, Managing Director, Healthcare Investment Banking, Stifel Financial Corp.
- Niels Emmerich, VP, Global Head Search & Evaluation, AbbVie, Inc.
- Nissim Darvish, Senior Managing Director, OrbiMed Advisors LLC
- Patrick Benz, Sr. Director Alliance Management, The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
- Paul Matteis, Managing Director, Co-Head of Biotech Research, Stifel Financial Corp.
- Peter Sandor, SVP, PFL Oncology, Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- Phil L’Huillier, Head of Business Development, Europe & Middle East, MSD
- Reagan Jarvis, Co-Founder & CEO, Anocca AB
- Richard Godfrey, CEO, BerGenBio ASA
- Richard Ward, Director, Search and Evaluation, AstraZeneca
- Sam Fazeli, Senior Analyst & the EMEA Head, Bloomberg L.P.
- Søren Bjønness, Director – Switzerland Representative, Euronext Paris S.A.
- Søren Møller, Managing Partner, Novo Seeds, Novo Holdings A/S
- Stephanie Léouzon, Partner & Head of Europe, Torreya Partners LLP
- Sumant Kulkarni, Managing Director, Biotechnology Equity Research, Canaccord Genuity LLC
- Thijs Cohen Tervaert, Director, Inkef Capital B.V
- Thomas Shrader, Managing Director & Healthcare Analyst, BTIG, LLC
- Tim Luker, VP, Emerging Technology & Innovation, Corporate BD, Eli Lilly and Company
- Vanela Bushi, Director, Portfolio Strategy & Transactions, Syneos Health, LLC
- More TBA...
HOW TO PARTICIPATE AS AUDIENCE
For the event we will be using 2 platforms: Online Meeting System (Meeting Mojo) designed for One-2-One meetings and Event’s Portal, where you are able to find all information related to the event and view live event’s programme including showcases. The Online Meeting System will open on the 7th of September for building profiles and sending meeting invites. Meetings will take place from September 21st to 25th and from September 28th to October 2nd. System will allow you to have a secure audio/video call, as well as option to present slides using screen share function. Meetings will last for 30 minutes.
Advanced Online Meeting System Access with 10 meeting invitations will be provided complimentary for qualified institutional (buy/sell-side), private equity and venture investors. The number of passes is limited, and priority is given to regular participants, however organizer has the discretion to reject passes. Other participants may consider purchasing Basic, Advanced and Premium Access with an option for a pre-recorded showcase presentation. Number of meeting invites defines how many requests can be sent. If meeting invite is declined, you will receive an invite credit back that can be reused. Number of invites does not restrict how many meeting invitations you can receive.
ENQUIRIES TO PRESENT AND SPONSOR
Presenting at the forum offers excellent opportunities to showcase your company to some of the leading global investors and corporates. It will offer you the opportunity to communicate your projected capital raising plans or simply help you in finding the right partner for your business. Presenting companies around the world will benefit from specially designed panels and keynotes from leading industry figures as well as access to some of the leading analysts and investors from Europe and beyond.
For those interested to join the companies showcase there is an option to purchase either a 10 or 20 minute presentation, which will be pre-recorded in advance and available to all registered attendees before, during and after the conference on the event’s portal. There is also a limited number of 20-min Spotlight presentations with additional branding to provide even higher exposure, which will be pre-recorded and broadcasted live during the main programme after the panel focusing on the same therapeutic area. Seed companies, which are looking for seed financing may also apply for a 5-min showcase option. The Sachs team can assist with the pre-recording of the presentation or you can upload a video you already have. Interested viewers will be able to message or request a meeting with you using the Online Meeting System.
For those who are interested in higher exposure, we could suggest becoming an event’s sponsor. Sponsorship packages are designed for each client specifically and in addition to sponsor branding could include delegate passes with Premium Online Meeting System Access, speaking or co-chairing opportunity as part of the programme, keynote or a 3-min advertisement shown in between the panels, and discounts for clients or option to nominate them for the showcase.
Sachs Associates has developed an extensive knowledge of the key individuals operating within the European and global biotech industry. This together with a growing reputation for excellence puts Sachs Associates at the forefront of the industry and provides a powerful tool by which to increase the position of your company in this market.
Raise your company’s profile directly with your potential clients. All of our sponsorship packages are tailor made to each client, allowing your organisation to gain the most out of attending our industry driven events.
To learn more about presenting, exhibition or sponsorship opportunities, please contact:
Silvia Kar on + 44 (0)203 463 4890 or by email: Silvia.