Are you a startup or early-stage tech company from Germany interested in expanding into the United States? If so, then you are invited to apply to participate in the U.S Embassy’s Second Annual Startup SelectUSA Tech Pitch Competition on Thursday, April 28 from 15:00 – 17:00 Central Europe Time.
10 startups will be selected to participate and make their pitch before a panel of judges:
- Jewell Sparks, Venture Partner & Chief Executive Officer at BiTHOUSE Venture Group Inc., Managing Director UNITED17 Ventures UG, Guest Lecturer WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management.
- Samarth Shekhar, Regional Manager (EMEA) of SixThirtyVentures and co-founder of the 2013 FinTech Forum and recognized member of WSJ / FN FinTech40 “40 Innovators Shaping the Future of Finance" in 2014.
- Alois Eder, Chief Technical Officer and Co-Founder of Intel Ignite, who has 20 years of experience in the high-tech industry, including with key industry members such as Siemens, Texas Instruments and Infineon.
- Hans Elstner, CEO and Founder, rooom AG, marketing tech entrepreneur who recently successfully opened his first investment location in the United States.
The U.S. Embassy Startup Pitch Competition 2.0 will be held virtually on WebEx, and all pitches are limited to 4 minutes, followed by 3 minutes of Q&A from the panel.
The winner of the competition will receive a free virtual ticket to the 9th Annual SelectUSA Investment Summit (June 26-29) and the opportunity to pitch in the final competition in front of venture capitalists, corporate investors, representatives from startup ecosystems, and industry experts at the SelectUSA Tech program at the Investment Summit. The Summit is the highest-profile event hosted by the U.S. Government for selected international companies. With its proven track record for business success, the 2022 Summit will attract more than 3,000 participants from 75+ international markets and 45+ U.S. states and territories.
All participants will be highlighted on U.S. Embassy Berlin social media during Transatlantic Innovation Week, April 25-28.
To apply for the Pitch Competition – Germany, please REGISTER HERE by March 31, 2022. Companies selected to participate will be notified by April 8.
German companies interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
- Less than 10 years old;
- Up to $10 million in revenue;
- Up to 40 employees;
- Developing a new technology product or service, or delivering an existing technology to a market in new ways; and
- Ability to pitch in English
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to solutions in the following categories: Clean Tech, Cybersecurity, eCommerce & Retail Tech, FinTech, MedTech, Software and Other.
Contact Christin.Mechler@noSpamtrade.gov with any questions. We look forward to your application!