Globally, there is a fast-growing demand for better and more accessible plant-based alternatives to meat, fish, seafood, cheese, milk products... Innovative protein-rich foods include plants and fungi and also secondary and residual materials from the food industry. In recent years the Foodtech sector in Flanders, the Northern region of Belgium, has expanded drastically with numerous companies, organizations and research institutes forming a successful ecosystem that provides solutions for both the industry and consumers. The region features early adaptors like Alpro, and newcomers like Peace of Meat and Those Vegan Cowboys.
Want to know more about Flanders as a hub for international food startups looking to quickly upscale their business and products at a European level?
This online meetup consists of two parts: a webinar on testing and upscaling opportunities in Flanders/Belgium, and one and a half days of individual digital b2b networking meetings between different players in the fields of alternative proteins and other innovative foods.
The Webinar: 9 Dec 2021, 11:00-12:30 CET
The B2B Networking Meetings: 9 Dec 2021, 12:30-18:00 CET, 10 Dec 2021, 9:00-18:00 CET
Why should you participate?
Discover the assets of Flanders for startups and corporates working on a new generation of functional ingredients and food, using scalable technology that will take the transformation of the food industry to the next level. The online networking event is organized by Flanders Investment & Trade, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant and Enterprise Europe Network. Participants in the event are active in the Foodtech sector, as well as in traditional industry: companies, manufacturers, distributors, research institutes, investors, accelerators and industry hubs.
- Discover the opportunities for upscaling, funding and internationalization in Flanders.
- Meet potential research and business partners through the online b2b networking meetings.
11:00 | Welcome by Flanders Investment & Trade
11:10 | Hendrik Waegeman, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant (BE): “New investments to gear up for the alternative protein revolution”
11:20 | Nico Snoeck, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant (BE) & Prof. Dr. Martin Frettlöh, Polyfoods (DE): “It's all about fermentation & funding”
12:00 | Katleen Coudijzer, Food Pilot (BE): “From idea to product”
12:20 | End with Q&A
Moderator: Jessica Manthey, Flanders Investment & Trade
How does it work?
- Register for free via this web page.
- Once your registration is approved, you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail allowing you to access to the networking platform and to join the webinar. This may take several business days.
- Next, you can browse through the list of attendees and send them meeting requests.
- During the online b2b networking from 9-10 December, you will meet your confirmed contacts during to-the-point 20-minute video calls.
If you are considering starting activities in Flanders, get in touch with us at berlin@noSpamfitagency.com and learn about our tailor-made assistance package.
We wish all participants an interesting and successful online meetup!