+++ COVID-19 UPDATE! +++
The safety and security of matchmaking participants are our top priorities. Carefully considering the current measures taken by the Belgian government, and as the Knowledge for Growth conference is being postponed to September 10, the Eurostars Life Sciences matchmaking event will be organised in 2 sessions:
Virtual meetings on 27 May 2020
Presentations, pitches and physical B2B-meetings on 9 September 2020
Eurostars Life Sciences matchmaking event
A brokerage event for SME’s looking to cooperate in research and development projects.
In the context of the Eurostars Calls (next cut-off deadline is 3 September 2020), the Enterprise Europe Network and the public funding agencies from Belgium, the Netherlands and Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany) co-organise an international matchmaking event for SME’s interested in Life Sciences topics.
Eurostars funds international innovative projects led by R&D-performing SME's. With its bottom-up approach, it supports the development of innovative products, processes and services. It is an ideal first step in international cooperation, enabling small businesses to combine and share expertise and benefit from working beyond national or regional borders.
To help interested parties in finding international partners (companies, universities, research institutes) with complementary expertise to set up a Eurostars project, a two-fold matchmaking event is organised in the domain of Life Sciences, including health, biotech, medtech and agrotech:
- On 27th May 2020, online B2B meetings will be facilitated through the b2match platform to allow companies to find partners for the next Eurostars call in September.
- On 9th September 2020, the physical matchmaking event will take place in Ghent, Belgium. Participants will then have the opportunity to learn about the latest services and funding opportunities offered to SME’s for cross-border research projects by the Eurostars and Interreg programmes and how to set up an international project. In addition, the agenda will include pitch and matchmaking sessions for companies who want to submit a proposal in 2021.
Please note that participants of the virtual matchmaking session on 27th May are also invited to attend the full Eurostars Life Sciences matchmaking event (with presentations, pitches and bilateral meetings) on 9th September 2020 in Ghent!
The physical Eurostars matchmaking event is scheduled on the day before the Knowledge for Growth conference (on 10th September 2020), one of the largest conferences in Europe in the domain of Life Sciences, that will take place in the same premises in Ghent. By scheduling the Eurostars event adjacent to this conference, participants will have the opportunity to attend several interesting presentations in the life sciences sector and network further with companies and research institutes active in the field.
TheEurostars matchmakingevent is free of charge.
Participants of the matchmaking can enjoy the Knowledge for Growth conference at a reduced price (40% discount on the general registration fee) when registering in advance.
- Register for the Eurostars matchmaking event.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail directly after registration containing the discount code for the conference.
- Register for the Knowledge for Growth conference following the instructions in the confirmation e-mail that was sent to you. Information on prices and tickets can be found here.
Companies and researchers active in the field of life sciences.
- Get the latest information on funding opportunities
- Present your project ideas, your organisation and technical know-how in the pitching session
- Connect with companies in this sector and explore R&D cooperation possibilities