From research to patients
To launch innovative products and processes into the market, innovative structures and programs that facilitate and accelerate the technology transfer along the entire value added chain are required. For translational research and the interdisciplinary transfer of knowledge between researchers, for close networks between science and business and the exchange between creative minds on the one side and financial backers on the other – in the capital region, there are transfer platforms on a variety of levels. In addition to the technology transfer points in Berlin and Brandenburg, these include the:
- Berlin-Brandenburg Center for Regenerative Therapies BCRT
- Berlin Institute of Health BIH
- Experimental and Clinical Research Center ECRC
- NeuroCure Cluster of Excellence in Berlin
- Berlin-Brandenburg Center for Molecular Diagnostics and Bioanalysis ZMDB
The additional instruments that reinforce the competitiveness of research institutions and companies in Berlin and Brandenburg also facilitate the path that promising innovations take to realization. These include innovation programs on the state, federal and European levels.